– The location of the flat is ideal. It is kind of hidden away from the main hustle and bustle of Wembley Park. It is a two-minute walk from decent size Sainsbury’s, coffee shops and Boxpark and just over five minutes to Wembley Park station.
– Elvin Gardens (the greenery area by Alto/Landsby) is lovely to sit in during the warmer months
Read all Read less
– Other residents (not myself) have seen drug dealing outside the main doors of Alto, and there has been some anti-social behaviour surrounding the building.
– People tend to linger outside of Alto, which is annoying. People LOVE to use it as a backdrop to their photos or ‘music videos’. If it was dark I would walk in through reception as it can be quite intimidating seeing a group of people likely up to no good blocking the main entrance to your home.
Please review your development:
– The flat is beautiful inside. It has comfortable furnishings and quality appliances.
– If you have a high floor flat facing Harrow, the view is lovely
– The concierge staff are friendly and accommodating.
– Quintian Living host fun events for residents. My favourite has been the cooking club, and I’ve recently enjoyed the art clubs hosted by in-house artist and fellow resident Laura.
The not so good…
– Our previous flat on floor 14 has a significant defect of a loud gushing water sound in the bedroom walls/ceiling. We had to live with it every day for nearly eight months. It was the reason we moved to another building before the end of our tenancy. The situation was ongoing for much longer than we had liked, and we feel the ‘residents team’ who were dealing with this purposely kept pushing it aside. I do find it very hard to believe that the previous resident never flagged this to Quintain Living. In the end, it resulted in us having to swap units as the fix for the defect is not simple. It now appears that Quintain Living never had any property intentions of actually fixing it because the flat is back up for rent without fixing it. They purposely asked us to provide us as much info as we can to resolve this for future residents… now it’s up for rent with no fix to the issue.
– You will likely have neighbours from hell in this building. From thumping the floor every hour of the day, (the people on Floor 15 disturbed not one but two flats on floor 14), and then you have the smoking and shouting from Floor 13. Having to wear earphones every hour to do your work in peace or not open the doors/window on a hot day without smelling weed is not ideal. Due to the pandemic, Quintain Living are limited on what they can do to sort these neighbours out. Both apartments in question have been spoken to by Quintain Living, but floor 15, in particular, have gotten worse soon as management were involved. Floor 15 should not be able to get away with what they’re doing… TWO flats have moved or will be moving out because of ONE flat.
Quintain Living thankfully allowed us to do an early unit swap due to these issues, and Sakina/Grace (both are great members of the team) found us a flat that met all our requirements, and we have now moved to another one of their buildings, and so far, it is a hundred times better! It is much friendlier than what we witnessed in Alto, we can’t smell smoke, and there is no waterfall feature in our bedroom anymore.
Please share one thing (or more) which you wish you had known before you moved in:
If you are considering moving here anytime soon, I would avoid Floor 14 and probably floor 12/16, so you’re not above/below the two problematic flats on floor 13/15. Also, every Alto flat that we could see from our balcony smokes and it is meant to be a non-smoking building. I believe Alto is now one of their cheapest buildings, and it is starting to attract the wrong crowd… criminals in some cases! Supposedly one of the aims of the rebrand from Tipi to Quintian Living was to attract those on higher incomes and older age groups… pretty sure at times you’d have a more peaceful life in the student accommodation opposite Alto than you do in Alto itself.
If there is one thing you would change about your flat or property what would it be:
I wish we had known the flat had a huge defect, that the ‘no smoking’ policy is not taken seriously at all and that sound proofing between floors is non-existent.