HOMEVIEWS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms “we”, “us“, “our” and “HomeViews” refer to HomeViews Platform Limited. HomeViews Platform Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 10290376. Our registered address is HomeViews Platform Limited, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The term “you” refers to the user visiting the Website and/or contributing content on this Website.
- republish material from this Website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the Website;
- show any material from the Website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, collect, accumulate or otherwise exploit material on this Website for any commercial purpose; and/or
- redistribute material (or copies of such material) from this Website.
HomeViews awards are given to developments based on an agreed criteria. These are awarded at the discretion of HomeViews and can only be used by third parties with the permission of HomeViews. HomeViews has the right to review the status and eligibility of an award at any time.
- in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Website;
- in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity or which does or may cause any breach or impairment of the Website’s security;
- to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- to conduct any systematic or automated data (including personally identifiable information, such as names, email addresses or such other information) collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this Website for any purpose, including, without limitation, commercial purposes;
- to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications;
- and/or for any purposes related to marketing.
HomeViews has published a number of residential developments on the Website and, from time to time, more developments are added at our discretion.
When using the Website for business purposes, users may also submit a new development to HomeViews. New submitted developments will only be published with an approved resident review. During its launch phase HomeViews is accepting developments built from the year 2000 within the UK and with at least 50 apartments or houses. The development may be mixed use but must have a primary focus as a private use residential development. Reviews for developments not meeting these criteria may be accepted but not published until HomeViews has widened the scope of listed developments.
A development’s star rating is calculated from a combination of each verified Private Tenant, Owner & Shared Owner’s reviews using their overall star rating and the four category scores – Design, Location, Lifestyle, Value and Property Management.
Please note that reviews from verified users carry more weight when calculating development ratings than non-verified users. This is because verified-users have been established as originating from individuals who have proved their connection with the relevant development. More information on the verification process is set out below.
Once registered, your account is for use only by you and you will be responsible for all activity on your User Account. You are responsible for ensuring that your account details are up to date and accurate at all times, and that your password is kept securely. You must not share your User Account, password or any devices that may be logged in to your User Account with any other person and must notify us immediately if you become aware or suspect that there has been any unauthorised use of your password or your User Account. HomeViews will not be held responsible or liable for any misuse of your User Account in the event that a third party has access to and uses your password and User Account login in any way.
We do not monitor or edit any User Content, and we are not responsible or liable for any User Content, and the views expressed in any User Content do not represent our views or values.
In some instances where a review has been submitted in a non-English language HomeViews has provided a translation using a translating service such as ‘Google translate’. HomeViews takes no responsibility for inaccuracies in the translation.
We reserve the right to remove any User Content from the Website or our servers, at our sole discretion, for any reason, without notice.
Where you are using this Website as a consumer, your User Content may include:
- any reviews you submit to this Website; and/or
- any responses you provide to a survey we may send to you concerning the development you live in.
Where you are using this Website as a business, your User Content may include:
- any responses to reviews about your development that appear on this Website;
- any questions you submit to this Website which will be used in a survey that is completed by residents who live in your development; and/or
- any customised content you submit to this Website, such as professional images of your development, or any content that is included in the profile of your development.
By submitting your User Content to the Website, you grant to HomeViews a perpetual, transferrable, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and publicly display your User Content in any existing or future media for any purpose (including without limitation in HomeViews Insights Reports), and to use (including without limitation use within HomeViews Insight Reports, the Website, any HomeViews internal materials and external promotional materials (including pitch documents)) (at our sole discretion) where you are a consumer, the name that you submit in connection with your User Content, and where you are a business, the name, company logo(s) and trade mark(s) of your business that you submit in connection with your User Content – although you permanently and unconditionally waive and agree not to claim or assert any moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) that you might have in your User Content. You also grant to HomeViews the right to sub-licence these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights. To be clear, HomeViews shall also be under no obligation: (a) to maintain any User Content in confidence; (b) to pay you in any way for your User Content; or (c) to respond to any User Content.
By submitting your User Content or any other content, you promise that you have the full legal right to provide the User Content and content, and that use of the User Content and content by HomeViews on the Website, and all other persons and entities will comply with our User Content Policy and must not be: (a) untrue or recklessly untrue; (b) illegal, unlawful, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory or otherwise objectionable to us or any third party; (c) it must not infringe any third party’s legal rights (including intellectual property rights); (d) it must not constitute disclosure of any confidential information owned by any third party; and (e) it must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or HomeViews or any third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any User Content to the Website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint. HomeViews will not publish reviews that relate to or refer to any ongoing legal action.
HomeViews reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this Website (including but not limited to User Content), or stored on HomeViews’ servers, or hosted or published upon this Website at its sole discretion, for any reason, without notice.
If you have any concerns regarding any User Content, please notify us promptly by email to email@example.com, with the subject heading “Content Concern”, including a link to the User Content in question and the details of your concern. We will then pass that concern on to the relevant user.
In the event that we receive a complaint about any of your User Content, we will let you know and it is your responsibility to resolve that complaint.
If you would like your User Status to be verified, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading “User Verification Request”, including your User Status and we will respond to let you know what evidence we require to complete the verification process.
The websites, products and services of these third parties are not controlled by HomeViews. Accordingly, before clicking on any links to third party websites or procuring any products or services from any third party, it is your responsibility to take whatever precautions and conduct whatever research or due diligence you consider necessary in order to make an informed decision about proceeding with the transaction.
Prizes or vouchers are only available to verified resident reviews that comply with our review guidelines. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter a promotion. By entering a promotion, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Reviewers must be a minimum of 18 years of age, only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
Promotions can be specific to a development or developer. HomeViews reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion and this section of the Terms and Conditions without notice at any time. HomeViews is not responsible for inaccurate promotion details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with any promotion.
HomeViews will notify the winner with how the prize/voucher will be delivered. The promotion and this section of the Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Any promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with any social network or the company or brand of the prize.
The prize/voucher is as stated at the point of offer and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize/voucher is not transferable. Prizes/vouchers are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize/voucher with another of equivalent value without giving notice. All promotions are time bound and the offer will expire within 1 month of it being presented, unless otherwise stated.
- the Website, Website Content, advice information or links provided on the Website will be constantly available, or available at all or will meet your requirements; and
- the information on the Website (including User Content and Website Content) is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on the Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or real estate matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
If your use of the Website causes damage to a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, you are responsible for ensuring that any device that you use to access the Website is protected by adequate security, anti-virus and anti-malware software, and we will not be liable for any loss or damage which you could have avoided by using such software.
For the avoidance of doubt, to the extent that you are using the Website as a consumer, HomeViews will not be liable to you for any business losses, loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
To the extent that you are using the Website provided free-of-charge for business purposes, HomeViews will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable) in relation to:
- the contents of (including but not limited to Website Content and User Content), or use of (or inability to use), or otherwise in connection with the Website; or
- use or reliance on any content (including but not limited to Website Content and User Content) displayed on the Website.
In particular, HomeViews will not be liable for:
- any indirect, special or consequential loss;
- any business losses: loss of revenue, income, profits, sales or anticipated savings;
- loss of contracts or business relationships;
- business interruption;
- loss of opportunities, damage to reputation or goodwill; or
- loss or corruption of information or data.
The above limitations of liability apply even if HomeViews has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
HomeViews will not be responsible or liable to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms or Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
- death or personal injury caused by HomeViews’ negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of HomeViews; or
- any matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for HomeViews to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
- if any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted.
You hereby indemnify HomeViews and its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors (the “Indemnified Persons”) and undertake to keep HomeViews and the Indemnified Persons indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by HomeViews to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of HomeViews’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by HomeViews arising out of:
- your violation of any applicable law or regulation; and
- your infringement of any third party rights (including but not limited to third party intellectual property rights).
- relevant laws or regulatory requirements;
- security, technical or operational issues; and/or
- the Website’s functionality or features.
We may change, suspend or discontinue any part of the Website or any service that we provide at any time, including the availability of any feature or content on the Website, for business and operational reasons or to reflect changes to our users’ needs. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or discontinuance.
HomeViews Platform Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 10290376.
HomeViews’s registered address is HomeViews Platform Limited, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX
You can contact HomeViews by email at email@example.com.
Within our blogs we promote other ranking based on separate scores, for example ‘Top Rated by Facilities score’. The criteria and date of the ranking is always referenced.
Having a commercial relationship with HomeViews cannot influence our ranking algorithms and they are always true to the ratings collected from verified residents.
HomeViews offers marketing subscription packages which gives companies content rights to use HomeViews within their marketing and to upgrade their profile on HomeViews. Upgraded profiles can include additional images, adding film content, listings and promotions.
Featured spots on our website – examples being the homepage banner, featured on area guides or development pages – are allocated to developments with a marketing subscription or for an additional charge.
Companies with a marketing subscription cannot remove, edit or hide reviews and they cannot influence rankings or HomeViews awards.