Historically rough around the edges, Poplar is finally starting to get the TLC it deserves. As gentrification takes hold, buyers and renters are discovering the charms of this neglected East End district, a Zone 2 spot neighboured by Canary Wharf. Read on to discover developments that are rated the best places to live in Poplar. In addition, read reviews from residents who own or rent in Poplar.
– local shops are good
– transport links are good and convenient
– average type of people in the area is not really good. I would not fell comfortable in leaving my kid go around alone in the area. there have few cases of anti social behaviours occurring very close to the building with people also being assaulted.
– bin collections sometimes has issues with rubbish accumulating for many days if not even weeks till a really disgusting point, in a couple of occasions only though.
– no traffic noise
Please review your development:
– it’s a good development overall and Fizzy services are really of a good quality and really helpful.
– there have been few issues with hot water and central heating, which seems to happen on an annual basis. This is probably due to how hot water is managed by the communal area.
– there have been issues with bike storage with at least one bike being stolen
– few issues with lift which seems to happen 2-3 times a year
– windows of the flat face all one side allowing no air circulation. in summer it gets increadibly very hot
– the building bobby provided by Fizzy has always been very helpful in supporting and fixing issues as they arose. Must admit that issues have always being dealt with promptly and within a reasonable timeframe.
– we had to go through the remediation of the ‘cladding’ issue that was discovered in this building. that was not pleasant and quite inconvenient as it happened during the 1st Covid 19 lockdown
– rent has increased regularly and substantially over the years with no real good reason in my view.
Please share one thing (or more) which you wish you had known before you moved in:
– I think being aware of the community and type of people leaving in the area is important
– also knowing about how hot the flat gets in summer
If there is one thing you would change about your flat or property what would it be:
I would change the way the windows opens. Currently there is so much dust and dirt coming in because of the way they works
I would change the blinders as they are ineffective in protecting the flat from the heat in summer.