In terms of location (something the property management has no control over) it is situated very centrally in Brighton. Decent access to local shops and venues etc.
Please review your development:
We were initially enamoured with the modern, sleek and functional new apartments on offer when we first moved here in 2022. But they eventually turned out to be facile shells developed without care which stands as a perfect metaphor for the people running the property.
To consolidate our experience here would be to say that at every opportunity they have squeezed money out of us, failed to communicate and made us uncomfortable in our home. When confronted with this they seek only to blame someone higher up the ladder, forever evading responsibility.
If you’re interested in specific examples see below.
– As I write this we have a myriad of electrical and functional issues with our “new” apartment that have been promised to be fixed for months now. Whenever something is requested it has become the norm for us to wait about 2 weeks for acknowledgment of an issue despite them having a large team just downstairs in reception.
– During the first 9 months of our time renting here the promised amenities were delayed, despite being sold on these inclusive benefits. They offered nothing in terms of compensation or real explanation and decided to increase the rent 3 months later. During the entirety of that time the same amenities were being advertised on their website as part of the rental agreement.
– The same first 9 months were accompanied by the daily construction sounds from 9-5 everyday, these times were also constantly breached as they started at 7am with no explanation.
– Communication is so dire that we have had to go downstairs to confront them multiple times as they will intentionally ignore you if it suits them.
After increasing their rent by £100 in spite of delays in amenities and unsatisfactory repairs that still haven’t been acknowledged. We asked for a reduction, during this time we were looking elsewhere to rent as they didn’t notify us until 2 weeks prior. We had found a great place and needed to hear back from The Courtyard re: our reduction but they refused to respond until it was too late and we missed the deadline for settling another deposit. Bear in mind they waited 2 weeks to respond to our message.
– Even after we agreed on a final price, they changed the wording last minute on our contract bout how much it will increase next year, something still unexplained but as we were backed into a corner (we had nowhere else to go) during the signing of this agreement, there was no other option other than to sign.
– In the beginning of our tenancy they forgot to censor EVERYONE’S email addresses in a mass thread which is a drastic breach of privacy and highly illegal.
– They scheduled fire safety installations 7 months after we had moved in with 1 days notice, where 4 men upturned our apartment for 3 hours, including putting all fridge and freezer contents on the floor during this time.
Essentially, they have the cheek to chase you IMMEDIATELY for a bill of £19.73 (which was a clerical error) but will wait three weeks to respond to you if it doesn’t suit them.
Please share one thing (or more) which you wish you had known before you moved in:
That they would take 1.5 years (and counting) to fix a bathroom lock.
How has the building management responded to any problems or issues you have raised:
Poorly, they barely communicate amongst themselves let alone with their tenants. They swiftly dismiss your concerns with no care for quality of service provided.