1. The development is in the most strategic location in New Cross between 2 stations.
2. The flat itself is secure with a key-fob entry system and CCTV monitoring.
3. There is bike storage for those who need it.
4. The flats in this development are modern, spacious and new (circa 2015). Don’t really understand the logic behind designing the roof terrace on the 2nd floor in the middle of 4 flats instead of putting it on the top floor which guarantees sunshine and gorgeous views out to London skyline.
5. Property management personnel are friendly and used to collect parcels for us pre-COVID19 lockdown. They usually respond to all emails and queries with any repairs needed to be done.
Read all Read less
Room for improvements: The communal area gets very dirty sometimes, which looks like it hasn’t been cleaned for weeks. The communal area most definitely needs sprucing up – a fresh coat of paint on the walls, maybe to arrange for window cleaners to clean balcony and room windows facing outside, re-painting the doors of each flat (needs it badly).
1. The property is offered unfurnished – this is a shame because the development’s other locations such as in E&C are offered furnished. Also, the monopoly of a (VERY) expensive energy company called Evinox just frustrates us paying bills every month. Tenants should not be tied up with whatever deals developers made with any companies – there should be freedom to choose service providers since the bills are not included in the rent.
2. The rent goes up every year. Although in a prime location, it does not make sense to increase the rent every year especially so during COVID19 lockdown rental price across London were dropping according to reports by Rightmove and SpareRoom. When would they decide to cap it? It would get to a point where renters would think why would they pay nearly £2K to live in Zone2. Yes, the location is amazing but the fact remains it is still in zone2.
3. The location very unfortunately also is near a nightclub that plays load music attracting many noisy people during the weekend (somewhat bearable) and a live music venue playing heavy metal music every single day including weekdays till at least 3 am which brings MANY drunk noisy people with it (totally unbearable).
Please tell us what you like and dislike about this area:
The best feature of this area is there are 2 stations in close proximity to each other that goes into various parts of London. The area itself if very lively with many nice looking non-sports showing pubs which attracts a nice crowd, many eateries, takeaways, nail salons, barbers, a big and small Sainsbury, Asda about 10 minutes walk away and many busses that passes through. The con would be 2 VERY noisy music venues (a club and a live music venue) which ignores all sense of logic and plays music early to the early hours in the morning even during weekdays.
Please share one thing (or more) which you wish you had known before you moved in:
1. Rent goes up every year
2. No way of changing Evinox
3. NOISY club and live music venue into the wee hours of the night
If there is one thing you would change about your flat or property what would it be:
More than 1 thing:
1. Put the roof terrace much higher
2. Remove Evinox as the compulsory energy provider
3. Re-paint communal area and doors
4. Clean communal areas more often