First of, here is what I dislike:
– the walkway surrounding the building on the ground floor should be made private. There are too many odd people passing by, some of which can be quite dangerous (either because of physical danger or because they are doing drugs downstairs) and it is annoying for those of us living here. The walkway in front, sides and back of the building should be privatised and incorporated as part of the development, a fence should be build around and have a gate with a key only residents can access. AKA the building is too vulnerable to threats/vandals because the security (through having fences) is lacking.
– the gym has very little option for exercises. A squat rack/more free weights would be nice.
– 2 elevators are not enough for this building. One of them is almost always broken or used by random services which leads in me and my partner unnecessarily wasting a few minutes of our lives every time we wait for the elevator.
– the material that the sink in our bathroom is made of is very odd. It seems quite porous, easy to get dirty and difficult to clean. A ceramic material rather than the weird plastic would have been a better option.
– the floor design. Although I am aware that tiles are best when there is floor heating, they are quite unsightly. Wooden floors would have looked nicer. Or at least a nicer looking colour for tiles. The mid-grey colour of the floor makes me feel at times that I live in a place that is unfinished/an indoor construction site.
– the portion where the wall joins the floor easily gets cracked
– the door to our flat is not hermetically closed. There is space under the door and on the sides of it, which makes it not soundproof and we can heal EVERYTHING that is going on in the hallway.
– the placement of the over directly above the fridge and below the wine cellar, because of temperature difference reasons?
– the shelving inside the cupboards is weird and not well utilized. Could have had more shelves, with less height aka more compartmentalization.
– the thermostat doesn’t seem to give an accurate reading of the room temperature
Read all Read less
Ok now here is what I/we like:
– our apartment is quite spacious inside
– the winter garden/closed balcony is an amazing concept. It blocks off the wind and provides some noise protection as well.
– speaking of the balcony, the space is very well utilized as it isn’t just a floating balcony like other regular buildings, rather it is an extension of the room itself, and the panels dividing each balcony are great as I am not fond of seeing my neighbours or have them see me
– the floor heating is a great addition. It seems efficient and saves space by not requiring the existence of radiators throughout the apartment
– the concierge is very helpful, not just in picking up the packages, but in offering great advice and guidance overall when there is an issue with our flat
– the no-smoking rule. I am not a smoker myself and neither is my partner and it is great to know that we don’t have to put up with people who smoke
– the internet provider is great. Internet is really fast.
– the garden at the back of the building is a great feature, although it seems rather underutilized. Also I would like to specify that in my previous mentioning of a lack of security around the building overall I made a comparison with the fence placed around the back garden. It would be nice if that fence would surround the building all the way from the garden to the sidewalk on the left side (Lawn House Cl), reaching to the water/canal (Thames Quay) , then also the walkway to the side (still Thames Quay), where the stone benches are, and the big ball statues. This are should be entirely fenced. No trespassers wanted.
Please tell us what you like and dislike about this area:
– the access to the DLR and Canary Wharf station
– the easy access to ASDA and Waitrose
– the fact that the space downstairs is not well utilized (the empty shop behind the concierge). It would be nice to have a cafe down there to chill and enjoy some nice tea or coffee + cakes. There are enough restaurants in the area but no decent cafe.
– the fact that the parks in here are not great.
– some areas around the building seem dodgy and I feel unsafe
Please share one thing (or more) which you wish you had known before you moved in:
There isn’t anything in particular that I would have liked to know before I moved in, more than I already knew.
How has the building management responded to any problems or issues you have raised:
They responded in a very professional and quick manner, especially Greg and Daniel. We had some issues with our neighbours nextdoor being loud and smoking. It is not longer an issue, thankfully.