On the 27th February our co-founder Hannah Marsh was delighted to sit on a panel and present HomeViews insights and customer feedback at the BTR Forum.
The panel was titled ‘Customer feedback – what is there to learn?’ and was chaired by Debra Yudolph from SAY property consulting. Eva Kiivit from Greystar, Ramona Bawden from Yardi and Sylvana Young from Get Living joined Hannah on the panel.
Hannah first presented data from our 2020 National Build to Rent Report and then, the panel discussed their own experiences on what could be learnt from customer feedback and how this was being done within their organisations – both Greystar and Get Living have partnered with HomeViews!
A sneak peak at HomeViews findings within customer feedback
Management scores were where we saw the biggest gap between the Build to Rent and Build to Sell experience. With 60% of BTR reviews mentioning management: residents talked about the excellent service, quick communication, events organised, as well as seeing smiling face to welcome them home at the end of the day.
Many developments offer an on site concierge and this had a +19.42% correlation to a higher Management Score and was highlighted in 34% of the reviews for the Top 10 BTR developments by Facilities rating.
“Good management and Pet Friendly policies lead the way in the highest scores on HomeViews”
74% of the 84 BTR developments offer pet-friendly facilities. Alongside a concierge, this had the highest correlation to higher scores in every category; Star Rating, Facilities, Design, Value, Location and Management. As well as this, all 10 of the Top 10 BTR developments were pet friendly.
- What can we learn from the customer feedback? Also, are there any surprises?
- What are the solutions to dealing with delivering better more consistently from the
panels differing perspectives?
- When does the customer journey start, how do we monitor the process?
- What part does, technology, process and people play in good service?
- Can you orchestrate a community feel? Also, to what extent can we enable and
support this process?
- What tools are presently available to measure the customer experience?
- Lastly, how close are we to robustly benchmarking good service?
If you missed out, the Build to Rent Forum will shortly be uploading a filming of the session to their website.
Alternatively, if you would like to receive a copy (pdf and 10 hard backed copies) you can order our 2020 National Build to Rent Report from HomeViews Insights.