HomeViews Platform Limited. (HomeViews, we, or us) is a company incorporated in England and Wales underwith company registration number 10290376. Our registered address is HomeViews Platfrom Limited, Unit 2.05, 12-18 Hoxton Street, London, N1 6NG. Via our website at homeviews.com (the Website), we provide a service which allows users to gathering information on residential developments and post opinions of the same (Service).
For the purpose of data protection laws, the data controller is HomeViews Platform Limited.
BASIS FOR PROCESSING personal data
- Paragraphs 1.2 – 1.7 below explain how and why we process your personal data, as well as the legal basis on which we carry out this processing.
- To make the Website better: We will also process your personal data in order to provide you with a more effective user experience (such as by displaying goods we believe you will be interested in, based on your use of the Website and browsing habits). This processing means that your experience of the Website will be more tailored to you, and that the content you see on the Website may differ from someone accessing the same site with a different purchase history or browsing habits. We also use various cookies to help us improve the Website (more details are set out in our ), and share your personal data with third party analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
We will also process your personal data for the purposes of making the Website more secure, and to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To provide customer services to you: We may also process your personal data in order to provide various supporting customer services to you (such as where you contact us with a question in connection the Service or the Website). The legal basis on which we process your personal data in these circumstances is your consent. If you do not provide us with the personal data we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
- For marketing purposes:
- you have opted in via the Website to receive marketing communications from us, we will process your personal data to provide you with marketing communications in line with the preferences you have provided;
- you have opted in via the Website to receive marketing communications from third parties, we will process your personal data by transferring it to the relevant third party,in each case, the legal basis on which we process your personal data is your consent. You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data for marketing purposes, and you can withdraw your consent to your personal data being processed in this way at any time by contacting us at email@example.com with “Personal Data” in the subject line or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link in every marketing communication you receive from us.
- If our business is sold: We will transfer your personal data to a third party:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (at all times in accordance with data protection legislation); or
- if HomeViews or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by HomeViews about its customers will be one of the assets transferred to the purchaser.In each case, the legal basis on which we process your data in these circumstances is our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by a purchaser. If you object to our use of your personal data in this way, the relevant seller or buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
- In certain circumstances we may also need to share your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation.
CATEGORIES OF Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following personal data:
- Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Website, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes (without limitation) information you provide when you register for a user account, post any user content on the Website, enter any competition, promotion or survey that we may run from time to time, and when you contact us in relation to the Website. The information you give us may include (without limitation) names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to the Website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, screen resolution, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may receive information about you when you use the Website, or when other users post content relating to you. We are also working closely with third parties (including business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, hosting providers and search information providers) from whom we may also receive information about you.
- We do not process any special categories of personal data, meaning personal data revealing:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership;
- genetic or biometric data that uniquely identifies you;
- data concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation; or
- data relating to criminal convictions or offences or related security measures.
Uses made of the information
- We will combine the information you provide to us with information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- You acknowledge and accept that any personal data that you include in your user content will be made public on the Website. It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not include in any content any personal data or other information that you do not want to be made public.
Where we store personal data
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and/or stored on servers located outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). It may be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Period of storage
- Where you post any User Content on the Website, we will retain your personal data for a period of 6 years following deletion of that User Content, to ensure that we are able to assist you or any third party who might have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with your User Content.
- Where you have created an account but do not post any User Content on the Website, we will retain your data for a period of 6 months after closure of your User Account.
- Where we have processed your personal data to provide you with marketing communications, we will contact you at least every 2 years max to ensure you are happy to continue receiving such communications. If you tell us that you no longer wish to receive such communications, your personal data will be removed from our marketing communication lists.
- Where we have processed your data for any other reason (such as where you have contacted us with a question in connection the Website) subject to section 5.1 above, we will retain your data for 6 months.
Your right to object under data protection laws
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data where we are processing your personal data:
- based on our legitimate interests (as set out at sections 1.3 and 1.6 above). If you ask us to stop processing your personal data on this basis, we will stop processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling grounds as to why the processing should continue in accordance with data protection laws; and
- for direct marking purposes. If you ask us to stop processing your personal data on this basis, we will stop.
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data where we are processing your personal data:
Your other rights under data protection laws
You can exercise any of your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Personal Data Request” in the subject line.
Right of access
You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether your personal data is being processed by us, as well as various other information relating to our use of your personal data. You also have the right to access your personal data which we are processing. If you exercise this right before 25 May 2018, your request will be subject to a £10 fee.
Right to rectification
You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data we hold about you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data we hold about you completed, by providing a supplementary statement to us.
Right to restriction
You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where:
- the accuracy of the personal data is being contested by you;
- the processing by us of your personal data is unlawful, but you do not want the relevant personal data erased;
- we no longer need to process your personal data for the agreed purposes, but you want to preserve your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- we are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest (as set out at section 1.3 above) and you:
- object to our processing on the basis of our legitimate interest under section 6.1.1 above; and
- want processing of the relevant personal data to be restricted until it can be determined whether our legitimate interest overrides your legitimate interest.
- Where any exercise by you of your right to restriction determines that our processing of particular personal data are to be restricted, we will then only process the relevant personal data in accordance with your consent and, in addition, for storage purposes and for the purpose of legal claims.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data in structured, standard machine readable format and the right to transmit such personal data to another controller.
Right to erasure
You have the right to require we erase your personal data which we are processing where one of the following grounds applies:
- the processing is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which your personal data were collected or otherwise processed;
- our processing of personal your data is based on your consent, you have subsequently withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal ground we can use to process your personal data;
- you object to the processing in as set out in section 6.1.1 of this policy and we have no overriding legitimate interest for our processing,
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed; and
- the erasure is required for compliance with a law to which we are subject.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
LINKS ON OUR SITE
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties including our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that you will leave the Website and these websites are then responsible for how they process your personal data and should have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please check the privacy policies of these third party websites before you submit any personal data to them.
HomeViews Platform Limited (HomeViews, we, or us) is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 10290376. Our registered address is HomeViews Platfrom Limited,Unit 2.05, 12-18 Hoxton Street, London, N1 6NG
This policy sets out the cookies that we use on the Website, the reasons for using them, and your rights in relation to those cookies. By using the Website you accept the terms of this policy. If you do not accept the terms of this policy, please do not use the Website.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. We only use (and store) non-essential cookies on your computer’s browser or hard drive if you provide your consent.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
- Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire within 2 years.